Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

I have the most wonderful husband in the whole entire world! John made sure that my first Mothers Day was the most perfect day. At first I didn't feel like this was my "first" Mothers day but for all those women that have carried that baby around for nine months and had sleepless nights, had to give up all the foods you love to eat, no caffeine, and swollen hands and feet, the day you conceive that child we are mothers. So for my first Mothers day John got up early, made me a wonderful breakfast of eggs in a basket, sausage, juice and a chocolate covered strawberry, all brought to me on a tray in bed. After a great breakfast John brought up my presents and for a minute I thought it was Christmas morning. John went way over board. I got a brand new digital camera of my very own so no more sharing. Now once the baby is born I can take as many pictures I want and not worry about John having the camera with him. John also got me a Nintendo Wii, which I had been wanting for a very long time. I had to ask John if he sold our first born or if we won the lottery because of the presents I got. Again my husband is the most wonderful person in the world.

After church we went over to his parents and had a quick lunch of Chinese food and gave his mom her present. We then went home and John set up the Wii. After kicking John's butt in bowling not just once but 3 times, we had a great dinner of shish kabobs and corn on the cob.

After a great dinner it was off to Dairy Queen then a relaxing night of Survivor.

It was the best day that I ever had. John was all about making sure it was the perfect day and it was. Now I have to start planning his Fathers day!

1 comment:

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

Sounds like you were spoiled rotten!! That is awesome! Enjoy and Savor every moment of it! You will have to check our blog soon for our Mother's Day adventures! :) It actually was really nice. Had a rocky start...but turned out to be great!

Katie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers