Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Austin learns to stand!

I know I have been posting a lot of updates lately but, it seems that each day Austin is learning or experiencing something new. It is so exciting seeing him discover new things even though most of the things he wants, he is not supposed to have. He has now learned how to get out of trouble. When you say no to him, he looks at you and gives you the biggest and cutest smile possible. It is very hard to scold him when he looks at you with those big blue eyes and huge smile.

Last night Austin learned to pull himself up to a standing position. I am so excited about his new talent. We put him down to bed at about 8:30pm. Since Austin has been sick, he has been refusing to go to bed until about 10:00pm. John noticed on the monitor that he was standing in his crib, but, he sat himself down right away. A few minutes later, I went into the room to lay him down again and when I walked in he was standing there will a very proud smile on his face. Of course we made a huge deal about it and got the camera out and had a mini photo shoot. We have been practicing standing on his own and he has gotten really good at balancing himself for a few minutes. I am sure walking is not far away -- which is good because our little man now weighs about 19.5 lbs and is getting hard to carry around!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love his name behind his crib!!

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

Austin,

Thank you for letting me sleep in this crib. It is a very nice crib, and it even comes equipt with its own paci! I appreciate you risking your life sleeping on your parents bed so that I could sleep comfortably. I owe you one!

Nate

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers