Thursday, June 25, 2009

1st Father's Day

Austin and his Daddy on Father's Day

I had an amazing first Father's Day! It was a lot different being on this side of the Father's Day routine. Austin gave me (and Christina) the best Father's Day gift by sleeping in until 8:00am! I'm not sure why he did, but we weren't complaining! After opening presents, breakfast and church, Austin took us to eat at my favorite restaurant, Mongolian BBQ. I had to leave the waitress a large tip after seeing the pile of stir-fry and rice that Austin decided to leave on the floor. Right after lunch, we headed to Grandpa & Grandma's house to visit. Austin had a great time playing with his cousins and tearing up Grandpa and Grandma's house.


Four generations of McMahons on Father's Day


Me and My Dad


After we left my parents' house, we headed over to Grammy & Papa's house. Austin had just enough energy left to tear up their house too!



Austin in my shoes and tie

Father's Day was such a great time. It gave me a chance to reflect on the past year. Austin and Christina have been such a huge blessing in my life, I cannot imagine it without either of them. Being a father is the best thing in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers