Monday, July 28, 2008

We did it!

Well we did it! I think this is a bigger moment for me then it was for Austin but we finally moved the bassinet away from the bed! I know it seems like such a small task but for me it was a very long night. We used to keep it right next to the bed so that whenever I wanted to check on him all I had to do was lift my head. Yesterday I decided I needed to start getting used to the idea that one day (far from now) our baby would have to sleep in his crib in his own room. So the bassinet was moved across the room. Even though he was still well within earshot I did make John set up our video baby monitor. For the first 45 minutes I kept watching the screen like it was a home movie. I finally convinced myself that Austin was ok and I went to sleep. I am happy to report that I only got out of bed to check if he was breathing 2 times. I am sure Austin missed his mommy very much during the night even though he is acting like it didn't phase him. 

1 comment:

Amber said...

My oldest child is 14 and I still get up in the middle of the night to check on him. It's a mommy thing that never goes away!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers