Thursday, February 18, 2010

So many new things

The boys are doing so many new things its hard to keep up.

Lets start with Mason.

Mason is now sitting up on his own. He likes to sit on the floor and play with his toys. He slept on his stomach for the first time last night which was exciting and nervous all at once. I was happy he was able to sleep and he actually slept much better. Mason also started walking in his walker. I am so happy he is starting to be able to get himself where he wants to go. He is also showing signs of wanting to crawl. He pushes up and is starting to push himself backwards. He is not a fan of baby food at all. He would much rather nurse or have a bottle. I can't believe he is almost 6 months. In 3 months, if he follows in Austin's footsteps, he will be walking! I am honestly treasuring every cuddly second I have with him because I can see from Austin how time flies and when they reach toddlerhood, they just don't have time to cuddle.

Now for Austin

Austin is speaking up a storm lately His words are becoming more clearer.  He has started counting which is very exciting. I will say 1 and he will say two, I will say 3 and he will say four. Its good to know something is sinking in that head of his. He has started to express what he wants on his own. He will sign and say eat when he is hungry and ask for juice when he is thirsty. This is awesome because it takes away a lot of frustration for all of us. Austin has truly changed from a baby to a toddler. He has been doing great with the potty although he doesn't go, he asks to sit on it. This is something we are not pushing so we take his lead. Another milestone for me more so then for Austin is the fact that I don't have to cut up most of his food anymore. It was such a weird moment when I could hand him a bowl of grapes uncut and he was fine. I am somewhat sad to be loosing my baby but love the little man he is becoming. Austin is also doing awesome at praying at every meal and at bedtime. He even prayer checked me tonight. I sat down with my plate and picked up my fork. He looked at me with a very serious look and clapped his hands together as in a way to tell me I have to pray before I eat.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers