Thursday, January 10, 2008

Two become three

Oh November 4th, 2007 John and I found out that we are no longer going to be a family of two but now are a family of three.

Originally I always thought that I would tell John that we were having a baby in some elaborate way but when I found out, I was so excited and couldn't believe it, all plans of a surprise went out the window.

John and I had been trying for about three months without success. Each month came with disappointment and heartbreak. A couple days before we found out John and I went to dinner and something lead me to get sprite which is caffeine free. For anyone that knows me, when we go out to dinner I always get coke. At dinner John and I talked about how trying for a baby was getting overwhelming and emotionally it was wearing on me and with the new school year coming up I didn't want to get a teaching job and have to take the first month off of the school. So as reluctant as we were, we decided that we were going to stop trying until the summer.

Well on Sunday morning, I was laying in bed at about 6 a.m. and I couldn't sleep. I got up and I walked into the bathroom and was lead to take a pregnancy test. I didn't think I was or even knew why I was taking it but for some reason I did. After I took it, the test was taking a really long time to show up. I had taken many before this and usually it showed up negative very quickly. So I walked downstairs to throw the test away, expecting it to be negative again.

To my surprise I looked at the test right before I went to throw it away and saw the pink line. I had to take a second look because I thought I was seeing things. With test in hand I flew up the stairs and into our bedroom yelling for John to wake up. I started screaming we were going to have a baby, waving the pregnancy test around in the air. Once John woke up and realized what was going on we both were in complete shock and were very excited.

We went out to breakfast before church and celebrated and talked about all the exciting things that were going to happen. We also talked about when were were going to tell our family and decided there was no way we could keep it a secret and wanted to tell our families that day.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers